Thursday, February 6, 2014

Music Makes for a Good Life

Ok, so I mostly post about science. And cool things I find on the internet. And baking.  But another one of my loves is music. I listen to it when doing science, when writing science, when cooking, when travelling...and when I can, I play music (though how well is up for debate).

My play list is ever changing and evolving, so I thought  I'll start tracking some of the music I find and love, and possibly also hate and post it here on my blog.  So "Music Makes for a Good Life" is officially born. And music certainly does make for a good life, you can laugh to it, cry to it,  eat, drink, sleep, hug, dance, and if Barry White is playing.....

So here's some of what's featuring in my playlist this week.  And there's a bit of theme - my playlist features Banjo. I've recently become slightly obsessed.

So here's 10 that I like:

1. Punch Brothers "This Girl"

2. Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man"

3. The Weavers "Follow the Drinking Gourd"

4. Modest Mouse "Satin in a Coffin"

5. Sfujan Stevens "We Won't Need Legs to Stand

6. Neil Young "Old Man

7. Pavement "Folk Jam

8. The Violent Femmes "Country Death Song

9. Dexy's Midnight Runners "Come on Eileen

10. Of course, no list featuring Banjo is complete without this defining music and cinematic moment "Dueling Banjos"

No comments:

Post a Comment