The first quick-links segment for 2013:
1. What do exploding bubbles filled with hydrogen look like in slow motion? Turns out they look really cool: Exploding hydrogen bubbles
2. Zombies are the next big thing, which is good because I always preferred zombies to angsty vampires."Warm bodies" the zombie romance novel by Isaac Marion, is now a movie, and it looks like it could be a solid piece of entertainment. It also has John Malkovich starring which is a nice bonus: Warm Bodies Trailer
3. Photography and science meet to show you the amazing diversity in "One Cubic Foot". However, the choices we humans make to grow monocultures and the danger it poses to biodiversity, even in small slice of the environment: The One Cubic Foot Project
4. Skin and hair are amazing: 50 Incredible Facts about Skin and Hair
5. What happens when Ricky Gervais and Richard Dawkins get together? This (and it's pretty great).